Centers For Disease Control News
- Thu, 15 Nov 2018 15:10:00 +0000: Suicide Increasing Among American Workers - CDC Online Newsroom
The suicide rate among the US working age population increased 34 percent during 2000-2016.
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:30:00 +0000: Record Number of Tickborne Diseases Reported in U.S. in 2017 - CDC Online Newsroom
New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show tickborne diseases are again on the rise. In 2017, state and local health departments reported a record number of cases of tickborne disease to CDC.
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:20:00 +0000: Newest Prediabetes Awareness Campaign by Nation’s Medical Authorities Spreads the Word: 1 in 3 Americans Has Prediabetes, Learn Your Risk - CDC Online Newsroom
On World Diabetes Day 2018, the American Medical Association (AMA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ad Council continue the fight against type 2 diabetes.
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 11:55:00 +0000: Transcript for CDC Telebriefing: Update on Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM) in the U.S. (11/13/2018) - CDC Online Newsroom
Transcript for CDC Telebriefing for an update on acute flaccid myelitis, also called AFM, the current outbreak in the United States.
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 13:35:00 +0000: CDC Telebriefing: Update on Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM) in the U.S. - CDC Online Newsroom
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will provide an update on acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) in the United States. AFM is a rare, but serious condition that affects the nervous system and causes the muscles and reflexes in the body to become weak.