Centers For Disease Control News
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 02:45:00 +0000: CDC supports WHO declaration of “Public Health Emergency of International Concern” for Ebola outbreak in eastern region of The Democratic Republic of the Congo - CDC Online Newsroom
As cases of Ebola continue to increase in the eastern region of The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and travel-associated cases have been reported in neighboring Uganda, CDC fully supports the decision by the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare the outbreak a “public health emergency of international concern” (PHEIC).
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:25:00 +0000: CDC Food Safety Alert: E. coli. Outbreak Linked to Ground Bison - CDC Online Newsroom
A CDC announcement about a multistate outbreak of E. coli infections linked to ground bison produced by Northfork Bison Distributions, Inc., has been posted at https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2019/bison-07-19/index.html.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 20:15:00 +0000: CDC Final Investigation Notice: E. coli O26 outbreak linked to flour - CDC Online Newsroom
The final investigation notice regarding a multistate outbreak of E. coli O26 infections linked to flour has been posted at https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2019/flour-05-19/index.html.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:20:00 +0000: TRANSCRIPT of July 9, 2019, CDC Vital Signs: Nationwide Outbreak of Acute Flaccid Myelitis—United States, 2018 - CDC Online Newsroom
CDC works 24/7 saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money to have a more secure nation. A US federal agency, CDC helps make the healthy choice the easy choice by putting science and prevention into action. CDC works to help people live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:30:00 +0000: Most US adults favor lowering nicotine levels in cigarettes - CDC Online Newsroom
Most US adults—including 8 in 10 cigarette smokers—favor requiring cigarette makers to lower nicotine levels in cigarettes so that they are less addictive, according to a new report published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.