Centers For Disease Control News
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:25:00 +0000: CDC Investigation Notice: Final Update on the Outbreak of Salmonella Agbeni Infections - CDC Online Newsroom
The final CDC update on a multistate outbreak of Salmonella Agbeni infections has been posted at https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/agbeni-11-18/index.html.
- Fri, 11 Jan 2019 13:55:00 +0000: CDC Provides First In-Season Estimates of Flu Illnesses, Medical Visits, and Hospitalizations - CDC Online Newsroom
According to new data released by CDC, so far during the 2018-2019 season between about 6 and 7 million people have been sick with flu, up to half of those people have sought medical care for their illness, and between 69,000 and 84,000 people have been hospitalized from flu. This is the first time these estimates— which cover the period from October 1, 2018 through January 5, 2019— are being provided during the flu season. CDC has estimated the burden of flu since 2010.
- Wed, 09 Jan 2019 21:30:00 +0000: CDC Food Safety Alert: Final CDC update on the outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 infections linked to romaine lettuce - CDC Online Newsroom
CDC Food Safety Alert: Final CDC update on the outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 infections linked to romaine lettuce.
- Sat, 22 Dec 2018 00:55:00 +0000: CDC Investigation Notice Update: Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Raw Turkey Products - CDC Online Newsroom
An updated CDC investigation notice regarding a multistate outbreak of Salmonella infections linked to raw turkey products is now available: https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/reading-07-18/index.html
- Fri, 21 Dec 2018 18:00:00 +0000: New Data Show Growing Complexity of Drug Overdose Deaths in America - CDC Online Newsroom
U.S. overdose death rates linked to synthetic opioids, likely from illicitly manufactured fentanyl (IMF), increased more than 45 percent from 2016 to 2017 while death rates from heroin and prescription opioids – still far too high – remained stable.