FDA Consumer Health
- Thu, 08 Nov 2018 13:30:00 +0000: Manage Your Asthma: Know Your Triggers and Treatment Options - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
You can manage your asthma by taking medications approved by the FDA. Before going to the pharmacy, get a proper diagnosis from a doctor and together develop an asthma action plan.
- Wed, 31 Oct 2018 12:30:00 +0000: Now's a Good Time to Get Your Flu Vaccine - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Early in the fall is the best time to get your annual flu vaccine. Find out why it's important to get one.
- Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:00:00 +0000: Xylitol and Your Dog: Danger, Paws Off - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
This sugar substitute, found in some human foods and dental products, can be poisonous to your dog.
- Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:00:00 +0000: Nutrition Facts Label Reboot: A Tale of Two Labels - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
The Nutrition Facts Label (NFL) on packages consumers look at when they’re buying groceries or preparing a meal has undergone a makeover. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has changed it to reflect updated scientific findings and help consumers make better-informed choices about the foods their families eat. Until the deadlines, consumers may see two different versions on the products they buy: the original label they’ve been using, as well as the new label. The Consumer Update will emphasize that both provide helpful information for consumers, delineate the differences between the two, and explain the scientific reason for making a change.
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:00:00 +0000: 7 Tips for Cleaning Fruits, Vegetables - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Fresh produce can become contaminated in many ways, but following these simple steps can help protect you and your family from foodborne illness.