FDA Consumer Health
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:00:00 +0000: 7 Tips for Cleaning Fruits, Vegetables - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Fresh produce can become contaminated in many ways, but following these simple steps can help protect you and your family from foodborne illness.
- Thu, 28 Jun 2018 13:00:00 +0000: The Facts on Tampons—and How to Use Them Safely - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Tampons are medical devices regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. And if you or a loved one uses them, it's important to use them safely. Learn the basics and consider this advice.
- Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:00:00 +0000: The FDA Encourages New Treatments for Sickle Cell Disease - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is collaborating with patients, academics, and the pharmaceutical industry to encourage the development of new treatments for sickle cell disease (SCD).
- Thu, 07 Jun 2018 12:00:00 +0000: Prevent Heartworms in Dogs, Cats, and Ferrets Year-Round - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Heartworm disease can be fatal to pets, but it is also preventable. Learn more about the dangers of heartworm disease and the importance of year-round prevention.
- Mon, 04 Jun 2018 12:00:00 +0000: Medical Devices that Treat Obesity: What to Know - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Obesity has been linked to many health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Treatments for obesity range from healthy eating and exercise to prescription medicine and surgery. In recent years, FDA-regulated medical devices have also played a treatment role. Learn about approved products.