FDA Consumer Health
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:00:00 +0000: How Many Calories? Keep an Eye on the Menu - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
FDA's final rule on menu labeling gives consumers the information on calories they need to make informed food choices.
- Fri, 01 Mar 2019 12:00:00 +0000: FDA's Critical Role in Ensuring Supply of Influenza Vaccine - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Making the flu vaccine is a highly complex process. The FDA encourages the development of new technologies for producing flu vaccines and plays an important role in making sure safe and effective vaccines are available each flu season.
- Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:05:00 +0000: AEDs: How These Devices in Public Places Can Restart Hearts - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
If cardiac arrest occurs, rapid treatment with a medical device called an automated external defibrillator, or 'AED' for short, can be life-saving. Learn how FDA works to help ensure they are safe and effective.
- Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:03:00 +0000: For Women: The FDA Gives Tips to Prevent Heart Disease - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Learn more about the safe and effective use of FDA-approved drugs and devices for the treatment and prevention of heart disease — the number one killer of women.
- Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:00:00 +0000: FDA-Approved Devices That Keep the Heart Beating - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Cardiovascular devices (or 'heart' devices) such as pacemakers and defibrillators have extended and improved the lives of millions of people worldwide. Learn how the FDA regulates these devices, when to seek medical attention for potential heart issues, and how to report problems.