FDA Consumer Health
- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:30:33 +0000: Medical Device Cybersecurity: What You Need to Know - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Practice vigilance to safeguard your medical devices from cyber threats.
- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 22:00:29 +0000: What to Know About Breast Implants - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates breast implants as medical devices. Learn about the risks of these products, and consider this advice.
- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 21:41:54 +0000: What You Should Know About Using Cannabis, Including CBD, When Pregnant or Breastfeeding - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
FDA strongly advises against the use of cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and marijuana in any form during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 21:29:12 +0000: Men With Breast Cancer Need More Treatment Options and Access to Genetic Counseling - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Breast cancer in men tends to be diagnosed at an older age and when the cancer is at a later stage, but is treated very similarly to breast cancer in women. The FDA encourages the inclusion of men in breast cancer clinical trials.
- Wed, 06 Nov 2019 20:38:37 +0000: Tobacco Products - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Tobacco comes in many forms, from cigars and cigarettes to smokeless tobacco and dissolvable nicotine products. FDA works to reduce the use of these products, and the harm that they cause. To learn more read these Consumer Updates.