FDA Consumer Health
- Sun, 26 May 2019 05:34:11 +0000: Antibacterial Soap? You Can Skip It, Use Plain Soap and Water - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Think antibacterial soaps reduce your risk of getting an infection? Not necessarily, the FDA says. There is no data demonstrating that over-the-counter antibacterial soaps are better at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water.
- Sun, 26 May 2019 05:34:11 +0000: A Tattoo for You? Seven Key Questions to Consider - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
As tattoos have become more popular, the number of people suffering from infections and other bad reactions has also increased.
- Sun, 26 May 2019 05:34:11 +0000: Tips to Stay Safe in the Sun: From Sunscreen to Sunglasses - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is continuing to evaluate sunscreen products to help protect consumers from sunburn. Because certain sunscreens can help prevent skin cancer caused by the sun when used as directed with other sun protection measures, it's important to know how to use them properly. Also learn about other ways to protect yourself from sun damage.
- Sun, 26 May 2019 05:34:11 +0000: Animal & Veterinary - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Consumer articles from FDA about animal health and veterinary medicine.
- Sun, 26 May 2019 05:34:11 +0000: Confused by Date Labels on Packaged Foods? - Consumer Updates RSS Feed
Consumer uncertainty about the meaning of the dates that appear on the labels of packaged foods is believed to contribute to about 20 percent of food waste in the home. Here are some ways to reduce food loss and waste, without risking illness from consuming spoiled food.