FDA Consumer Health
- Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:00:00 +0000: Keep Your Dogs and Cats Safe From Holiday Hazards - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
From tinsel to table scraps, holiday hazards for pets abound. Here are some tips to help you keep them safe.
- Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:30:00 +0000: Want to Quit Smoking? FDA-Approved Products Can Help - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
If you want to quit smoking, you may want to use a smoking cessation product proven to help. Data has shown that using cessation medicine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration can double your chance of quitting success. Here’s what to know about these over-the-counter and prescription products.
- Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Cold and Flu: Prevention, Symptoms, Treatments - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
In much of the Northern Hemisphere, this is prime time for colds, influenza (flu), and other respiratory illnesses. While contagious viruses are active year-round, most infections occur in the fall and winter.
- Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:00:00 +0000: Raw Dough's a Raw Deal and Could Make You Sick - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
Eating raw dough or batter could make you sick. Whether you're baking at home, making flour-based 'play' clay, or eating at a restaurant that offers the kids raw dough to play with until the food comes, do not eat it. And make sure your kids don't, either.
- Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:30:00 +0000: Laser Toys: How to Keep Kids Safe - FDA Consumer Health Information Updates
When operated unsafely, or without certain controls, the highly-concentrated light from laser pointers and laser toys can be dangerous, causing serious eye injuries and even blindness. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is reminding consumers how to stay safe.