- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 19:00:00 +0000: Using both marijuana and alcohol during early pregnancy may increase the likelihood of disrupting fetal development - NIH News Release
New preclinical research reported in animal models shows that exposure to compounds found in marijuana called cannabinoids during early pregnancy can cause malformations in the developing embryo.
- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:45:00 +0000: Study finds leading risk factors and causes of death and disability underrepresented in NIH-supported prevention research - NIH News Release
Most prevention research projects included an observational design or secondary data analysis.
- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 15:45:00 +0000: Study vaccine protects monkeys against four types of hemorrhagic fever viruses - NIH News Release
The vaccine provided protection from Ebola virus, Sudan virus, Marburg virus and Lassa virus.
- Thu, 07 Nov 2019 13:30:00 +0000: NIH-funded study shows placenta imaging method may aid early diagnosis of pregnancy complications - NIH News Release
Researchers used the technique to identify women with reduced placental blood flow who later developed one or more complications.
- Tue, 05 Nov 2019 15:00:00 +0000: NIH-funded study finds teens prefer mint and mango vaping flavors - NIH News Release
Researchers focused on the most widely used brand for nicotine vaping.