- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:30:00 +0000: Persistent HIV in central nervous system linked to cognitive impairment - NIH News Release
Study participants were long-term HIV survivors who had infections controlled with ART for an average of nine years.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:00:00 +0000: Extinct human species likely breast fed for up to a year after birth - NIH News Release
NIH-funded findings may inform strategies for breast feeding in modern populations.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:45:00 +0000: NIH and partners to launch HIV vaccine efficacy trial in the Americas and Europe - NIH News Release
Study will enroll men who have sex with men and transgender people; complementary study in women is ongoing.
- Fri, 12 Jul 2019 13:30:00 +0000: Moderate calorie restriction in young and middle-aged adults significantly reduces heart and metabolic risk factors independent of weight loss - NIH News Release
Participants saw improvement in waist circumference, blood pressure, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, insulin sensitivity and fasting glucose.
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:00:00 +0000: NIH scientists identify spasm in women with endometriosis-associated chronic pelvic pain - NIH News Release
Small study suggests botulinum toxin may be potential treatment.