- Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:00:00 +0000: Genomic analysis offers insight into 2018 Nigeria Lassa fever outbreak - NIH News Release
Findings helped inform Nigeria’s public health response.
- Wed, 17 Oct 2018 18:00:00 +0000: Researchers identify immune culprits linked to inflammation and bone loss in gum disease - NIH News Release
Microbiome-triggered Th17 cells switch from protective to destructive; may be potential treatment targets.
- Fri, 12 Oct 2018 14:00:00 +0000: NIH programs shed light on gene variants and their connections to health and disease - NIH News Release
ClinGen and ClinVar address major obstacles to genomic medicine.
- Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:45:00 +0000: Scientists develop novel vaccine for Lassa fever and rabies - NIH News Release
The inactivated recombinant vaccine candidate uses a weakened rabies virus vector.
- Wed, 10 Oct 2018 18:00:00 +0000: Study identifies gene that makes gentle touch feel painful after injury - NIH News Release
NIH-funded research raises possibility of designer treatments for common form of pain.