- Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:30:00 +0000: PHAT Life: Effective HIV intervention for youth in the criminal justice system - NIH News Release
Program showed great potential for reducing sexual risk-taking.
- Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:45:00 +0000: Epilepsy study links mossy brain cells to seizures and memory loss - NIH News Release
NIH-funded study in mice suggests loss of mossy cells plays a critical role in both.
- Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:00:00 +0000: NIH solicits next-generation retina organoids in prize competition - NIH News Release
$1 million in prizes will be awarded for functional prototypes of human retinas for disease modeling, drug testing, and treatments.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:45:00 +0000: NIH-funded researchers identify risk factors for sleep apnea during pregnancy - NIH News Release
Snoring, older age and obesity may increase a pregnant woman’s risk.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:30:00 +0000: NIH study will assess biomarker as potential indicator of whether lower respiratory tract infections improve with antibacterial treatment - NIH News Release
LRTIs can cause a variety of symptoms, including persistent coughing, wheezing, chest pain, fever, and rapid or difficult breathing.